Monday, March 19, 2007

Just for mom

Well, Mom has urged me to make another post on my blog, so here it is. There's not really much to say, since I didn't really get to do any exploring this weekend. I have been down with a sinus infection, and my exploring buddies were all either sick, out of town, or packing to leave town, so I had a pretty quiet weekend. My flatmate Anna and I did venture down to the amusement area by the beach on saturday afternoon to go to the cinema. We saw Becoming Jane, about Jane Austen - it was pretty good. We had a little time to spare before the movie started, so we drove over to the harbor. Here are a few pics - nothing special, but I can't go very long without pulling out the camera. Saturday was actually a rather warm day, but when we were down by the water, there was a cold wind blowing so hard I thought it was going to blow me over into the water!


Yesterday I didn't do much of anything. Didn't go to chapel since I couldn't sing - I'm still pretty congested and coughing a lot. I did go down to the "hotspot" to get online for a little while. While I was down there it started hailing - not big hail, but tons of it, and it was really loud hitting the roof of the building. When I walked outside, it looked like the ground was covered in snow. So of course, out came the camera again. This is my apartment building in the hail.



Hopefully I'll have some more exciting news to write about soon. I know I will next week, because Mom, Dad, Papa and Ben arrive on Saturday! I can't wait! We're going to have so much fun exploring Scotland and London, and all the places in between. Hopefully I'll be able to find internet access periodically to update the blog. If not, I'll have plenty to write about when they leave!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are not feeling well but it is okay to have a couple of days off from exploring. I love your pictures even when you think they aren't so special. Thanks for sharing. I know you are excited about your family arriving. Give everyone a bit hug for me too and you guys have a wonderful time. Love you,