Friday, March 02, 2007

Sunny Day

Today was the most GORGEOUS day here in Aberdeen. Blue skies, not very windy, bright sunshine, and really not all that cold (at least to start out with). I couldn't resist getting out and taking a few pictures - okay, a lot of pictures!

They just finished the restoration on Powis Gate and reopened it. It's pretty cool looking, though it doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the architecture around campus. It's almost directly across the street from King's College.



Here's a picture of my daily transportation. The "20 bus," every 15 minutes (most times) from Hillhead Halls (my dorm), through King's College to city centre. Most of the places I need to go are on this bus route. Most days, except in wintery weather, the bus is a double-decker. Makes me think of the "Night Bus" in the 3rd Harry Potter, except this one doesn't change shapes to fit the need! I was waiting for the bus when I snapped this picture this evening, and when I got on the driver was laughing at me. Oh well...


I also went into King's College Chapel today, since the sun was shining, to take a few pictures of the stained glass and the rest of the interior. I honestly don't know if photography is allowed inside, but there was no one to ask, so I just went for it. The first picture is of the choir stalls where the chapel choir sits on Sunday mornings.





Like I said, I took a lot of pictures today. Some of them are the same old subjects as a lot of my other pics, but you know me - I can't resist a pretty picture, even if I have one almost identical to it already. So here are a few of my favorites. Hope your day was a beautiful as ours (though unfortunately, it has started to rain now - I knew it wouldn't last). More pictures to post soon...



5 comments:

Point of Grace said...

Awesome photos Barb. What a beautiful day too. It's great to continue to keep up with you and your experiences. Have a great weekend!

Blessings

Margie said...

I love the stained glass and the second to bottom one with the clouds. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

More great pics. Tell me, does the King's College chapel choir wear robes? (hee, hee) I am seriously thinking you need to plan on a photo pictorial book when you return. There is no way you'll be able to narrow down the fabulous pictures. Glad you're enjoying some sunshine.

Anonymous said...

You are right, what else would anyone do on such a sunny day. Wonderful pics. I agree with Genny, you're going to have an awesome pictorial book when you return. Love you,

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures of the churches. They really helped with my research report.