Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Swans of Seaton

On Monday, my flatmate Judie and I walked to campus through Seaton Park. This park is supposed to be absolutely lovely during spring and summer. Unfortunately, it has become a den for druggies, so it's not safe to walk through the park alone or at night. Since we were together and in the bright mid-morning sun, we were quite safe. Anyway, not much is blooming in the park yet, but we walked down by the River Dee (one of two rivers in Aberdeen) and met two members of the swan family that lives in Seaton Park.
They were paddling upstream, but not making any progress, basically just staying still. Judie wanted me to see them fly, so she ran toward the bank trying to scare them. It didn't work. They just looked at her, swam away from the bank, and came back as soon as she went away. Oh well. They are beautiful creatures. Next time I go into the park, I'll take some bread. Then maybe I can entice them to leave the frigid water for some different pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love swans. You ladies stay safe and have fun. What a beautiful day for a walk in the park. Love you,

Bartley Family said...

Looks fun - maybe you can lure them next time. Hope you have been having a good week - ours is over. Back to work and life and stuff. I guess going back was inevitable. Sounds like all is well with you - we miss you here though. Can't wait to find out what songs from Sunday choir are your favorites. You will have to bring us a few to sing - assuming that we are capable. Talk soon - keep us posted!!