Monday, April 09, 2007

He Is Risen!

He is risen! He is risen indeed!

Okay, so I know this post is a day late, but I wanted to say Happy Easter to you all. I spent the Easter weekend in Banchory at my friend Laurie's cottage. She had a house full! The Becker family was also there - Scott, Carrie, Matthew (age 4), and Adam (age 2) - plus Amie, another postgrad student. We had a lot of fun, but it definitely wasn't quiet!

On Easter morning we got up and went to an Easter service on the bank of the River Dee. It was brilliantly sunny, and WARM when that sun hit you. I even took off my jacket while we were standing there singing praise choruses, and was just in a lightweight 3/4-sleeve sweater! Who would have thought that it would be that gorgeous in Scotland in April?! For those of you in Ft. Worth who had snow on Easter, well, your weather was more Scotlandesque than mine!

After another worship service at the church, we went home to have an Easter egg hunt with the boys - they thoroughly enjoyed it. Easter lunch in the garden. Yes, we ate outside, another surprise. We had lamb (my first time to eat that), roasted veggies, new potatos, pita bread, veggies and dip, and an amazing cake with lemon syrup and raspberries. It was a rather Mediterranean feast.

After that meal, we all needed a walk, so we took a long stroll down by the river. By that time the clouds had invaded, and the wind was insane by the river. But it was still gorgeous, and we had a grand time.

This morning we woke to Laurie's announcement that the weather was so lovely that she was taking us on a hike up Scolty Hill. I was skeptical, since the last hike I took with Laurie almost killed me! Today's was quite a walk, but it wasn't so bad. We spent a lot of time playing at the top of the hill, enjoying the beautiful sunshine and blue skies.



All in all, it was a very nice Easter weekend. I missed being in Texas, singing in the Wedgwood choir and enjoying the Easter festivities with the Holmes family, but my Easter in Scotland was certainly not without its own charm.
Oh, and by the way, in case you're wondering, I do plan to post blogs and pictures of my family's visit. But my laptop battery is about to die, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. So check back soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, He is Risen! How wonderful of your friend to share her family and Easter celebration with you. Everyone looks like they have a great day. You are so fortunate to have made such wonderful friends. I am glad you changed flats. Love you bunches, can't wait to see all the pics.

Unknown said...

so... what did you think of the lamb???

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous Easter. Lunch outside looked wonderful. Almost as good as Easter spent with the Holmes family. (I don't think I'll share with Abigail that you ate lamb.) How amazing that your weather was more pleasant than ours. Have a great week!