Sunday, April 22, 2007

Weekend and misc

I usually use my weekends to get out and explore a castle or natural attraction here in Scotland. This weekend, not so much. My friend Laurie (who I visited in Banchory for Easter) is out of town, and another friend Amie is "cottage-sitting" for her. So I went down to Banchory on Friday for a relaxing weekend in the country. We had planned to do another hike up Scolty Hill, or walk around the village, or something. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate. It was quite cloudy, cool, and dark when I arrived on Friday afternoon, and overnight the rain settled in. It rained almost all day on Saturday. So what did we do? We talked, and talked, and talked some more! It was really good to just visit with a new friend and have no agenda, no place to go, nothing pressing on our time. We didn't even get out of our pajamas on Saturday until 4:00! So, not exactly the weekend I had planned, but a welcome one nonetheless.

When I arrived in Banchory on Friday, Amie met me at the bus stop and we walked back to the cottage. On the way there is a field where a "family" of highland cattle live. I stopped to take a couple of pictures. They're not as close-up as I wanted, but they're a start.
Oh, here's a picture of me with my flatmate Emma in our University of Aberdeen "jumpers". Not a high picture-taking weekend, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll have more opportunities for photography.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Restful weekends are sometmes the best way to go, especially when you've just finish a great tour with your family. You're looking good and happy, keep up the wonderful life!
Love you,

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess you just can't visit a castle every weekend, can you? Sounds heavenly to stay in pj's until afternoon. (which I plan to do on May 7!)