Sunday, July 15, 2007

Saying Goodbye

My last few days in Aberdeen were quite trying, with having to say goodbye to all the wonderful friends I made while I was there. Amie and I continued to spend most of our time together. We visited Torry Battery one last time and finally caught a glimpse of a dolphin, though he only jumped once and that was before I had my camera out. Bummer!

We also spent a little time at Kings College, taking some photos to remember "my school" by.


On Tuesday, my last day in town, we went down to the beach and put our feet in the North Sea. This was something I had been wanting to do since I arrived, but I had been waiting for a day when it was warm enough that my toes wouldn't freeze. Well, I was out of time, so it was now or never. Let me tell you, that water was like ICE! But Amie was kind enough to join me so I wouldn't freeze alone.


After our toes warmed up, Amie, Kristianna and I went to pizza hut for my "last supper." It was a fun time of fellowship, though there was certainly a sense of sadness in the air too. We took a few pictures by the beach before heading home, and then came the moment I had been dreading - saying goodbye. It was very hard, but I know that I made some lifetime friends these last six months, and we have promised to keep in touch.

2 comments:

Genny said...

So glad you have special people to remember from Scotland. I love your long hair in these pictures.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... are those posting times your time? You should be sleeping, ha ha! I'm only commenting on this last one, but I'm glad you have the *days* done so I don't have to remember all that myself! :) I miss ya, Barb, and hope home is wonderful!!
--amie