Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Surprise - updated with photos!

Well, it just goes to show that you shouldn't trust the weather channel. Imagine my delight and surprise when this morning I woke to bright sunshine in my dorm room, and the sound of the the giant seagulls screaming outside my window. Apparently the seagulls don't like the rain either, because I haven't heard them in a few days, though I didn't realize they were missing until this morning. Anyway, for right now at least it's a beautiful, rather warm (40 degrees) day. I took a walk down to Brig o' Balgonie, a medieval bridge built in 1320, just to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. Of course, in these pictures you can't even tell that there was sunshine. Oh well. You can tell how quaint the area is though - it's like stepping back in time!



While walking back up to the dorm I passed by a deer standing in the field eating. He didn't take his eyes off of me, but he didn't interrupt his lunch either as I took several pictures of him. I wish I had my zoom lens! Anyway, it has been a nice morning. May the sunshine last!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good fortunes come in different packages. I'm glad the weather is working for you. God is good. Love you and miss you,

Bartley Family said...

Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you feel loved today. amy b