Monday, February 05, 2007

Texas Weather in Scotland

You know what they say - if you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait five minutes and it will be something totally different. Well, that's what we had here today. I woke up to snow - huge flakes but just drifting down rather lazily. By the time I left for campus it was sunny with blue skies, but that didn't last either. About lunch time the snow was coming down like crazy, blowing and falling really fast. We had a hard rain this afternoon (of course, right as I was walking back to campus from Staples), and then ice pellets a little later. Only one thing about the weather was consistent today - it was COLD! It didn't get out of the thirties, and the wind made things even worse. I will admit, this is more like the weather I was expecting when I got here. The last week and a half have spoiled me with more sunny days than not, and quite mild temperatures (at least for this part of the world). May those mild days come back quickly!

3 comments:

Point of Grace said...

Hey Barb,
I am now all set to send you comments! It was great to hear back from you when I emailed you. I am just loving your photos. We both have such a love for photography, and I appreciate your gift of sharing yours.
Sounds like it is rather wintery there. But, you think it's cold there...we are having an artic blast the past few days and well into next week. Temps are barely in the 20's during the day and in the single digits at night, with wind chills in the minus'. Brrrr! I think Old Man Winter finally has arrived. We have had the winter of 100 springs. No snow yet. :( You know what a snow bunny I am.
I continue to think of you and keep you in my daily prayers. This is so amazing of an experience sweet gal. Continue to trust His heart. He has you where He wants you to be.
I look forward to hearing more as the Lord continues to work in your life.

Lots of love and blessings!
Carol

Anonymous said...

Then you surely do not want to know that Nathan and I tanned by the pool for a couple of hours before the Super Bowl game Sunday. We were in the low 80's. But, I do hate it is so cold there. Clay said he would trade with you any day. He wants to play hockey year round. By the way, what did you decide about your loft? Keep warm. Love you,

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Robert (or was it Charles?) McIntosh created the raincoat in Scotland? I learned that yesterday while helping Rebecca take notes for her Scotland research paper. And, you wouldn't believe the things I could tell you about kilts! Keep warm and enjoy the Scottish/Texas weather.

Blessings,
Genny