Sunday, February 04, 2007

God is speaking...

Well, I need to thank Genny for pointing me to Psalm 119 the other night. he verses she sent to me were very appropriate, so when I went back to my room I read the rest of the psalm. Check out these verses I found:

49 Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. 50 My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life. 51 The arrogant mock me without restraint, but I do not turn from your law. 52 I remember your ancient laws, O LORD, and I find comfort in them. 53 Indignation grips me because of the wicked, who have forsaken your law. 54 Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge. 55 In the night I remember your name, O LORD, and I will keep your law. 56 This has been my practice: I obey your precepts. 57 You are my portion, O LORD; I have promised to obey your words. 58 I have sought your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to your promise.

The "wherever I lodge" part hit me pretty hard. Yes, I can trust in Him, praise Him, and rejoice in Him no matter where I am living. Sometimes it's hard to remember in the moment, but I'm trying hard. God is speaking to me, and I'm trying to listen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phrase the Lord for great friends, especially the ones who allow Him to use them to help a friend. I too thank you Genny. What a great friend!