Sunday, June 24, 2007

Dubai, Part 10 - Ski Dubai

On Monday, my last day in Dubai, Joanna and I took another brief (5-minute) trip to the beach, then she took me to show me her church.
After lunch we headed to the Mall of the Emirates, one of the world's largest shopping malls, where they actually have an indoor ski slope called Ski Dubai! This first picture shows Ski Dubai from the outside of the mall. The other one shows the chairlifts and slopes of this incredible place.


Jo and I didn't ski, but we spent over an hour playing in the snow, wearing our borrowed snow suits, sledding down the hills, riding the luge, and enjoying the huge contrast in temperature from outside. The sign said it was -4 degrees (celcius)! I never imagined I would be playing in the snow in the desert, but it was too cool! Ha ha, cool!

After Ski Dubai, we went for pedicures and then headed home until it was time to go to the airport. All in all, it was a fantastic trip to Dubai - awesome sights, lots of fun hanging out with my dear friend, sun, and snow. Who could ask for more?!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow. Thanks for the tour, Barbie. I almost feel like I've been there now. :-) Those are great.

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I am really jealous. Don't you just love it when there is more money than people actully know what to do with. Snow in the desert - how great is that.
Lots of Love

Genny said...

Money, money, money, money...
Enough money can actually make it snow in the desert. Wow!

erikascrimp said...

im so jealous!! i saw joanna this week - she said you guys had a blast!

erikascrimp said...

looks like you girls had a GREAT time! i saw joanna this week - she said it was a blast! thanks for the update

Anonymous said...

You look like your having alot of fun.I wish I could be there too.