Monday, June 11, 2007

Ladies Group

Since I've been in Aberdeen I've been a part of this group of postgraduate in divinity ladies who get together weekly to share a meal, discuss our research, and talk about anything and everything. We eat lunch together most every Thursday, and once a month have a nice dinner at someone's home. This group has been a true blessing to me these last 5 months. The ladies have become dear friends - encouraging me when I'm down, providing an example for me in their research and lifestyle, joining in my Scotland explorations, and just being a support group for life in general.

Last Thursday evening was the last of our Thursday dinners that I'll be a part of. We had a Meditteranean feast at Lo's flat, complete with lamb stew, couscous, veggies, pita bread, and a lovely plum dessert. Before we parted ways they all prayed for me - the first of the group to be "sent out" from Aberdeen - and it was very touching. It will be quite difficult to leave these ladies and the friendships we've formed. I didn't really expect to have that problem when I came, though I prayed that I would make good friends, and God certainly did provide.

(Back row: Lois, me, Amie, and Carolyn; front row: Kristianna and Laurie)

2 comments:

Genny said...

I'm so thankful God provided answers to our prayers. What a blessing to have such a wonderful group to take care of you.

Anonymous said...

What a great looking group of women. God is Great! I love to watch His works.
Love you,