Monday, June 11, 2007

Linn of Dee

This weekend, after moving out of my flat on Saturday (yeah!), my friends Kristianna, Amie and I drove down to Banchory to hang out with Laurie. The four of us drove out to the Linn of Dee, a canyon of sorts carved out by the River Dee. The weather was phenomenal - warm (65-70 degrees) and actually sunny! So we had a great time walking around on the rocks of the canyon, watching the waterfalls and the "churning cauldrons of water" (Amie's phrase). Of course, I took tons of pictures, as always. Kristianna was very childlike - sitting on the edge of the rocks and peering in to the water. The southerner came out in Amie while we were there - I looked over and she was chewing on a piece of grass! I guess that's what you should expect from a girl from Tennessee!
The drive to the Linn of Dee and back was incredibly picturesque. We stopped at the Cambus O'May suspension bridge, a walkbridge across the Dee.
We also stopped at another old bridge, where three horses were walking around at the river's edge. It was quite idyllic.
I've come to realize there is nothing like the Scottish countryside for scenery, with its sheep, highland cattle, occasional castles, rolling hills, and rivers. There's nothing like this in Texas, that's for sure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, the Scotland country side you've shared has been making me want to take a trip to Scotland. I love your pics. Thanks for sharing.
Love you,

Anonymous said...

You got THAT right; there's NOTHING like this in Texas!
It will be good to have you 'home'.
-Norita