Sunday, June 24, 2007

Dubai, Part 9 - Night Pictures

After the boat tour, Joanna and I were DISGUSTING!!! But after cleaning up, we headed out to one of Dubai's MANY malls for dinner and some night-time photography. Well, the photography was just me, but still... We had a delicious dinner at at restaurant called The Dome - I had chicken schnitzel, not exactly what I expected to eat in Dubai, but it was great nonetheless.

After we ordered our dinner, I walked out onto the deck area of the restaurant because we had a FABULOUS view of the Burj al Arab.
After dinner, I convinced Joanna and Bethany to walk join me in the heat for a few more pictures. I love the way the lights on the Burj change colors periodically. I think this blue was my favorite though.

We walked around to other parts of the mall, which was created to resemble Egypt. The area below the Dome reminded me a lot of what I expect Bethlehem to look like. On the upper level of the mall there are many non-functioning wind towers. Real wind towers funnel the wind in certain ways to create a natural air conditioning. Even though the wind towers at the mall were fake, they created a beautiful picture and atmosphere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out on the town again ... but what a town. How special are you feeling about now. What sights you have seen and shared. Thank you and Love you,

Genny said...

Incredible and beautiful. What a lucky girl you are.