Friday, June 22, 2007

Dubai, Part 5 - The Beach and the Burj

On Sunday, Joanna and I headed out for a LONG day of sight-seeing. We started out at the beach, where I put my feet in the Arabian Sea, otherwise known as the Persian Gulf. The water was so warm, like a bathtub! Of course, it was insanely hot out in the sun.



The view from the beach was incredible, a perfect view of the Burj al Arab (the Tower of Arabia). This is the only 7-star hotel in the world, with a suspended helipad where you can play tennis or hit golfballs, where it costs $80 just to walk in and see the hotel, and where a night in the most expensive suite costs $15,000! We certainly didn't get to go in to the hotel, but the view was beautiful.

3 comments:

Bartley Family said...

WOW!!! Kelsie and I both think you are lucky for riding the camel! Very cool. Can't wait to see the hundreds of pictures that weren't posted. We will have to have a picture party when you get back. Curious - how many pics did you take in all? see you soon.

Genny said...

Beautiful sea. The hotel is incredible. I don't know why you and Jo didn't stay the night there.

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing to me. I just don't have a lot of words. What a treat, riding Camels isn't that unbelieveable.
Love you,