Thursday, June 21, 2007

Scottish Universities Conference

Sorry it has taken me so long to post my pictures and adventures from Dubai. I got back to Aberdeen on Tuesday, and for the last two days I have been madly trying to prepare for my presentation today at the Scottish Universities Conference. This conference involves students from the four main universities in Scotland - Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and St. Andrews -presenting papers in all areas of theological education - Biblical studies, church history, systematic theology, and practical theology. I presented a modified form of the paper that I shared with the Aberdeen Biblical studies group at the Burn back in May - today's paper was about 7 minutes longer, so it had more information and a slightly different format, but was basically the same. I was the first presenter in the Biblical Studies room, at 10:30 this morning, and it went well. I was a lot less nervous today than when I presented at the Burn. I don't know if that's because I had already presented this paper or if I'm getting used to public speaking, or some combination, but I'll take it regardless!

So, this presentation basically wraps up my studies here at the University of Aberdeen. I'm now officially in PLAY MODE! I will be doing some reading over the next 3 weeks - I have to do some advance reading for my Fall seminars at SWBTS - but I plan to spend most of the remainder of my time here seeing the things around Aberdeenshire that I still haven't seen, spending time with my friends, and enjoying this country while I can.

Anyway, I will post my blogs about Dubai shortly. It may take several posts over several days, but I have some great stories and pictures to share, so I'm anxious to get them online and get your comments. Check back soon...

2 comments:

Genny said...

What do you mean you're now in play mode? Looks like you've already been in play mode -- see previous post on dunes. Just kidding...
Glad you did well on your paper and looking forward to more pics of Dubai.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so glad you felt more comfortable presenting your last paper. I know it was great! Play is good. Have fun enjoying all those wonderful friends God blessed you with.
Love you bunches,